In this video, we learn how to use a sidechain gate on synths & drums in Ableton. First, drag a gate device onto your synth track. This will turn down the volume of the synthesizer device very quickly. Once you do this, you will have a sidechain view, turn it on by clicking the green button. Then, bring the attack down to 0 ms and bring your hold down to 3.9 ms. When this plays, you will hear an electronica type of beat. This is a simple way to make your synth lines more exciting. Save this when finished and use this trick in the future!
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades