Writing a song? Want your chorus to have a strong impact? Jimmy Kachulis of Berkleemusic gives songwriting tips on how to make the chorus stand out from the verses even when you use the same chord progressions.
You can take the basic chord progression of your verses and vary the pitch or the rhythm in the chorus or switch up the order of the chords a bit.
Vary your lyrical phrasing between the verses and chorus. If there are 4 phrases in the verses only use 2 in your chorus.
Infusing melodic tonality or repetition into your chorus can highlight it as well.
Another trick is to infuse some emotion into the chorus with a bit of a certain style of music,i.e., blues to emphasize an "emotional roller coaster."
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades